Thursday, April 21, 2011

Things That Irritate Me

Okay... so generally I'm a pretty even tempered, let things roll off my back like a duck kind of person, but there are a few things that really irritate me.  I'm thinking that the degree of irritation is directly correlated to the electrolyte imbalance at that particular point in my workout.

Swimming
Why is there always some guy in the next lane who is swimming a few laps and decides he needs to wait at end of the lane for you to flip turn and try to race you to the end of the pool? And then wait another 50 and do it again and again and again.  Please do your own workout.  The other day I had one who (hopefully was just trying to learn) waited underwater watching me flip turn.  He did it so many times I almost got out of the pool because I was getting a little creeped out.   Please try YouTube, I'm sure there are much better swimmers than me on there showing you how to flip.

Cycling
At White Rock Lake where I used to ride in Dallas - Why is there always the guy that you pass when you're doing an interval on the smooth side and he jumps on your wheel and drafts you to the end and then flies around you and never says a word.  Please say something Mr. Wheelsucker. 

Running
Why are there always women on the running path 4 abreast taking up the entire path?  Or 2 coming at you with one on the line and you still have to squeeze way over to get by them?  Please remember that this is a public shared path, you haven't reserved it for your own personal run.   Oh.. and then there are the "stare at you but won't wave back people".  Please acknowledge my wave or stop staring at me. 

Okay - I'm off my soapbox.  Thank you for allowing me to vent.

7 comments:

  1. Great rants!!! I hate that when I ride with a group of guys, everyone says something when they pass us but when I ride alone, the male riders seem to pass me without a word (sometimes after drafting in the wind) - rude!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya, those are good rants. i confess to being the underwater stalker when i see an awesome swimmer, tho. u should take that one as a big compliment :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. RE: Cycling. Could be a Racer Dude practicing his Crit tactics of a silent jump off in order to beat a Tri Woman with better legs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, you know you are so darn cute that those boys can't help themselves! ;-D I am with you on that stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Although it is a little creepy, I would take the underwater stalker as a compliment. Hopefully, he is watching you because of your flawless swimming technique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too funny. I once had a guy who kept sitting on the bottom of the pool and stare at me as I swam by. (And, I wasn't flip turning) Oh, and don't get me started on the muscle-buffed guy who thought he would be a stud and do push-ups(?) by lifting himself in and out of the water at the end of the lane. Really? Who does that? We definitely see some crazy stuff while training. Keep at it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh.. I thought of one more irritant.

    You come up on a guy in the swim or on the bike and they see that you're a girl (pink swim cap) and then they have to speed up to pass you back. Hello.... I'm at least 4-5 minutes ahead of you at the point where we are side by side because my swim wave started after you.

    ReplyDelete