Friday, December 31, 2010

"Most Creative Use of Aquaphor” Contest

Last month Team Aquaphor members were challenged to think up as many uses for Aquaphor as possible.  Here are the results of the "Most Creative Use of Aquaphor” Contest!!

ATHLETIC
1) Under bike shorts.
2) To prevent chaffing from wetsuit.
3) Helps get my tire on my wheel when fixing a flat.
4) Aquaphor will lube a squeaky bike wheel or chain in a pinch.
5) Put Aquaphor around your swim goggles or snorkel mask for a much better leak proof seal.
6) On the fingers to reduce rubbing when throwing a Frisbee.
7) To help slip on compression socks that seem as if they will never fit.
8) On wind burn after running in cold weather and wondering why your chin skin looks like its peeling.
9) I use it under my heart rate monitor to prevent that burn you can sometimes get from chafe.
10) On the front of my knees and on my face in cold weather on bike rides.
11) Scuba diving. I apply Aquaphor to my feet before putting on my fins to make them go on easier. Without it, it takes a lot of excessive tugging and pulling to get them on.
12) For boxers on their face so that the glove slides off upon impact.
13) In between my toes when running.*
14) Under hockey pads for my husband.
15) if you use a Garmin on your wrist where the Garmin goes.

BABY/KIDS
16) diaper rash
17) baby acne
18) baby massages
19) Protect baby's eyes. When I shampoo my son's hair, sometimes I rub some Aquaphor on his forehead, and it keeps the shampoo from running into his eyes.
20) to lubricate daughters knees after they got stuck in bars at the zoo
21) I passed out some samples during the race to kids along the course as a reward for high fives and cheering the runners


 BEAUTY
22) To tame a mustache.
23) To make eyelashes appear darker and to moisturize them.
24) To smooth down unruly eyebrows that may look like antennae when left alone.
25) Under eyes before bed to prevent wrinkles
26) As lip gloss
27) Mix a little Aquaphor with a little Kool-Aid powder and make a colored and flavored lip gloss!
28) Melt Aquaphor and one chocolate chip in the microwave, mix and let solidify for chocolate lip gloss!
29) Can be used as a moisturizer for acne sufferers.


30) Maintains perfume scent longer when applied at perfume points before spritzing the perfume.
31) Mix with sea salts to make a scrub.
32) Applying Aquaphor on your teeth for a shiny smile.

33) Applied on teeth before applying lipstick prevents lipstick from sticking on them.
34) Warmed up can be used as a night cream.
35) Makeup remover.
36) Applied under eye shadow it can create a shiny effect.
37) Applied on cheeks for a dewy look.
38) Can be used to smooth and soothe skin after shaving.
39) Gets rid of dry skin lines which can arise from washing.
40) Lubricates ear lobes and helps to make earring insertion easy and painless.
41) Keeps fingernails pliable and resilient
42) Use with your lipstick to create a cream blusher for your cheeks
43) Remove makeup stains from clothing
44) Use a touch of Aquaphor mixed with powder eye shadow pigment to make new colors, or a more solid eye shadow that won’t get all over your face when you put it on.
45) Stretch your favorite lotion by mixing it with Aquaphor.
46) Put Aquaphor on your lips, leave it a few minutes, then scrub your lips with a toothbrush to exfoliate and leave them SO smooth.
47) Remove false eyelash glue from your lash line
48) Apply a small amount on dry spots on your body before fake tanning lotions are applied, and prevent uneven tanning!
49) Around my fingernails before I paint them, to avoid getting nail polish on my fingers


HALLOWEEN
50) Halloween treats. My wife was out of town on Halloween. I guess she's the one who's on the ball with that stuff because I didn't even think about getting any candy to hand out. The door bell rang, and it suddenly hit me that it was the 31st (and not the 30th). I left 3 kids at the door while I quickly ransacked the house for nonexistent candy, but no such luck. I saw the box of samples, so I grabbed a couple and threw them into their trick-or-treat bags. Unfortunately the kids were a little disappointed it wasn't candy. But I'm sure their mother thought it was the best treat of the night.
51) Helped get Halloween paint off my kids’ faces.
52) Use it to carve your pumpkin. The knife slips through the pumpkin rind like its butter. Same principle as putting Aquaphor in those chaff spots like your underarms...Aquaphor reduces friction on your skin and the pumpkin's!
53) When carving a pumpkin (Jack-o-Lantern) we use Aquaphor around the carved edges and have found that it makes the carved pumpkins last longer
54) After a Halloween 6 mile run and then spending the evening walking and running around thousands of people as Avatar and posing for countless photographs, I loved using Aquaphor to soothe my sore feet, soothe the blisters from wearing a special spandex costume and it definitely helped remove my blue makeup! I am sure I must be the first AVATAR/Neytiri to ever to use Aquaphor products!! Plus it was a fun way to promote Aquaphor when I put on the hat--many people asked me about Aquaphor and I said it was AVATAR APPROVED!


HAIR
55) I have been on the road sometimes and run out of hair gel. Aquaphor is a pretty good back up.
56) Great on the ends of your hair to prevent dryness from over chlorinated pool water.
57) I use Aquaphor to smooth back my thick, coarse hair when I wear a ponytail.
58) Smear a tiny bit on your hands and scrunch through your hair for a choppy look
59) Use just a touch on the ends of your hair to hide dry and split ends
60) Can protect against harmful hair dyeing, perming and straightening chemicals when used as a mask around the hairline
61) Conditions scalp pre-shampooing
62) Reduces scaling and itching associated with dandruff
MEDICAL
63) After major surgery, works very well on large cuts/scars
64) I am an orthopedic surgeon, and use Aquaphor for all my patients' skin graft harvest sites
65) use for area where attach prosthetic limb
66) Therapeutic when applied to lesions caused by poison ivy
67) Can help improve condition of those with atopic eczema
68) Helpful for psoriasis
69) Prevents scarring after mole removal
70) Heals dry skin caused by radiation treatments


MISCELLANEOUS
71) Irritation from Sunglasses
72) Helps get my mom off my case by giving her some.
73) A dab of Aquaphor on the knuckles and stubborn rings slid right off
74) Also, it’s a bit over the top but my grandma uses it on everything that has a seal or threads including light bulbs and mayonnaise jars. Random but its works well.
75) Under gloves of someone who uses a hand cycle.
76) To soothe the burn after spilling hot soup into the hand while pulling out of the microwave. Ouch!
77) Not on a person but on a piece of equipment--to help slide the brake protectors down on a wheelchair
78) To help free a lizard from a glue trap set at work to catch crickets. Rubbing it on the feet helped to free that little guy.......or girl....didn't really take a close look.
79) I've even used a little bit for an instant shoe shine, wipe on and buff off!!
80) I used it yesterday to help a broken/stuck zipper
81) Use a tiny dab to put a quick shine on your shoes and bags
82) Rub Aquaphor on the neck of your nail polish bottles and they won’t get stuck to the caps
83) I have the coffee maker where you hold your cup up to it to fill your coffee. The button was sticking resulting in the coffee continuing to run when you pulled your cup away. A little dab of Aquaphor and the button no longer sticks. No more coffee all over the counter.
84) I use it on my fingertips to thread the sewing machine needle
85) A great way to travel, train and race with Aquaphor is, once at your destination; squeeze Aquaphor into the snack-size, or half-size, zip-lock baggies. These are easy to carry and use as you do not need to fiddle with the screw-on lid. When ready, grab the baggie, on the outside, and turn it inside out over your hand. Then, rub the baggie with the Aquaphor on it liberally where needed. Turn the baggie back inside in and, voila, no mess, nothing on your hands and you are off. I did this at one particular race and about 7 girls loved this idea after seeing me do it.
86) To get duct tape off feet after taping any spot


PETS
87) Dog rashes/skin problems/dry nose  
88) During winter, to prevent ice from forming between dog’s pads when outside.
89) I've put it on the pads of my Golden Retriever's feet when they're rough and scratchy, and on a cut one of them got on his toe!**


SKIN/GENERAL
90) Dry skin
91) Chapped lips
92) Face Moisturizer
93) On foot calluses
94) On cold/dry/rainy training days I apply a thin layer over knees, ankles and face. It helps keep those areas warm and keeps my skin from drying out.
95) Under the nose after several days of constant tissue use/dry nose
96) At least once a week, before I go to bed, I rub a generous amount of Aquaphor on my feet and put on a pair of socks. It has helped keep my feet from cracking and keeping them as soft as possible.
97) On my cuticles at night.
98) Massages (post workout, foot massage, etc.)
99) Put Aquaphor on your elbows every day - they will stay soft!
100) Helps heal and protect new tattoos
101) Soothing on my sunburn.


*A friend of mine told me it really helped with reducing friction and relieving pain from her Morton's Neuroma.
**I wonder who submitted this idea....

No comments:

Post a Comment