Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Good and Bad

Here is the BAD:
I can't remember the last time I was sick.  Last week while coaching I commented that the chlorine in the air was really burning my eyes and after Friday morning Masters Swim my eyes were on fire.  I thought I was having a reaction to the intense chlorine level in the pool.  Friday evening my sinuses started hurting and swelling up to where I couldn't breath out of my nose.  But by Saturday morning when I woke up I knew it wasn't allergies but a cold.  UGH.... I hate being sick!

I'd hope I feel better by this weekend because Bill and I are going to New Orleans for Mardi Gras!!




Here is the GOOD:
Something new and exciting is happening for me this week!!



This morning was the first TRI-SWIM technique training class at The Institute for Wellness & Sports Medicine at Wesley Medical Center.  Lance Ware, a local triathlete and our State Farm Insurance Agent and I talked a couple weeks ago about an offering for the triathletes who want technique specific swim training rather than a masters swim.  He had a good point that there are a lot of triathletes in the area who may be intimidated by a true Masters Swim but want some coaching on improving their technique. We came up with a plan and Lance had a contact at The Wellness Center and made it happen!  The Wellness Center gave us a great deal on a drop in fee at half of their regular Guest Fee for pool use only M-F 5:30-7:00 am. Six people showed up for the first swim this morning and I've got about 9-10 people signed up for the program. We meet once a week on Tuesday mornings and I will email a workout to them for a swim on their own.  It went really well this morning and I'm looking forward to helping these swimmers!!




No comments:

Post a Comment