Saturday, April 14, 2012

Fingers Crossed

Lots has been going on lately! Lots of good things are happening! First I got accepted by Active.com to be a contributing writer!! I've got some ideas brewing in my brain for some articles. "Front Body - Back Body Balance", "Transitions = Free Speed", "How To Pack Your Saddle Bag", " Bike Fit By Cobb". Anyone have any ideas on what they might like to hear about??

Second - All of my friends on Team Aquaphor have been anxiously waiting (that is a mild understatement of emotion) to hear if Aquaphor was going to sponsor the team again this year through Active Ambassadors and Actice.com. And just yesterday we got the promotion notification to apply!!! Now I hope and wait with crossed fingers that I will be accepted to the team for the 2012 season!! If I am selected,  it will be my 5th year on this awesome team!! Awesome not only because of the product itself - Aquaphor Healing Ointment (which I never seem to stop finding new uses for) but also for the group of athletes on the team who have become my friends even though we have never met! The camaraderie and Esprit De Corps of this team keeps me trying harder and harder to improve in my racing. The support and encouragement are incomparable. I am proud to have been in this team for the past 4 years and consider myself very fortunate to be associated with this Team of amazing athletes!


And third, there may be an opportunity opening up for me in the world of swimming! I've been swimming for almost a year with Coach Steve Panzram and the HubFins Masters. By far in all of the years that I've been swimming I have learned and improved more under his coaching than in all of my other years swimming combined. Steve owns the licence for and runs the "Swim America" program here in Hattiesburg. Swim America is a learn to swim program for kids - they progress through a 10 station program and have to complete each station before they can move on to the next level. I observed last Thursday and was really impressed by what I saw - this is the best way to teach swimming that I've ever seen. We also talked about my helping with the HubFins age group swim team - working with the Develpmental Group, the 11 and unders and also getting my Level One Coaching Certification!!




New adventures!!  Love it!!

Oh... and one more note of fun!  Got a letter and certificate from USAT (USA Triathlon) that I made All American Honorable Mention again this year!  You have to have a final end of the year ranking in the top 10% of your age group in the country to qualify!  Two years in a row!  Whooo Hooooo!!!!






4 comments:

  1. Wow... you are on a roll! Awesome job and I am so honored to have been on your team. It sounds like this year will be even better than last. Keep up the awesome work, obviously you are being rewarded for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You continue to amaze me! Just love hearing about all the exciting things going on in your life. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on all the good news, especially the last one! Can't wait to hear all the goodness that will inevitably come from all of this.

    ReplyDelete