Friday, February 18, 2011

Phoenix and Bogey




Bogey and Phoenix at Ocean Isle Beach

I'd like to introduce you to my boys, Phoenix and Bogey.  This post has absoulutely nothing to do with racing and triathlons but they've been bugging me to write something about them.  I can't let them down.


Phoenix
 

Shiner
 Phoenix (Halo Shiner's Rising Phoenix) is my 7 year old Golden Retriever.  Bred by Judi Hollenbeck in Burnett, TX.  She owns Halo Goldens which is just north of Austin.  Phoenix came to me after I lost my first Golden, Shiner. 

Phoenix is the sweetest and most perfect dog in the world.  Patient and kind.  What else would a Golden be?  There aren't enough words to describe what a Love Dog he is, we call him The Baby. 

Here he is on the cover of The Golden Retriever Weekly from a vacation at Dauphin Island, AL.






Strider - Phoenix's Dad
 Phoenix has a famous Daddy named Strider, BIS, BISS AM/MEX/AMS/WC CH Sheffield-Ducat's Spellbound SDHF, OS.  In 1999 Dog News named Strider the #2 Golden in the country.  He has sired an unbelievable number of champions.  On the Sheffield Golden's website there is a page just for his puppies.  They are adorable.


Jenny - Phoenix's Mom
His mom is Jenny, Kaylynn Tempo's Sea Sea Rider, also one of the sweetest most mild tempered Golden you will ever meet.  Phoenix gets his coat from his Mom.  He is super furry and fluffy just like Jenny.  We consider him an Angel With Fur - lots and lots of fur!  I was once in R.E.I. with Phoenix when he was a puppy and a couple came over to pet him and said he felt like cashmere.





Bogey
And then there is Bogey (Halo's One Over Paw Bogey).  Bogey is our Wild Child.  He is in perpetual motion, that boy's energy never ceases to amaze me. 

The Rogue Bogue on the move!
It's difficult to get a good picture of him because he's always moving. He is also a lap dog and a big goof.  If you remember Goofus and Gallant back from the days when you read "Highlights" as a kid in the dentist's office, you'll know what I'm talking about.  Bogey is so Goofus and Phoenix is the perfect, well mannered Gallant.   I only wish I had as much energy as the Bogue.



Lissi - Bogey's Mom
Bogey's Mom was a sweet girl, lovingly called Lissi.  Justmoore Jean Harlow.  According to Lissi's mom she was a "Professional Tennis Ball Gatherer".  Lissi decided that she didn't really like the show ring although did very well in Conformation but she wanted to be a Certified Therapy Dog  Strider that I mentioned above is Lissi's Dad, so Bogey and Phoenix are related.  Phoenix is Bogey's Uncle! 


Getty - Bogey's Dad
Getty, CH Camlin's R U For Real is Bogey's Dad.  I think Bogey is a lot like his Dad.  Getty is a tennis ball fanatic just like Bogey.  From what I hear, Getty has super high energy too.  I can only imagine them together!  Getty is owned by Nancy Crowley of Camlin Goldens in Parker, TX.

Together the two boys make up the perfect compliment of calmness and spirit.  Kind of how I'd like my life to be!



The Mommys
This picture is of the boys Moms.  It really surprises me of just how much they resemble their respective mothers.  Can you tell which one is Jenny and which one is Lissi??









4 comments:

  1. Awww, great post on your boys!!! They sound like true Golden personalities :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phoenix's Mom is on the left, Bogey's on the right. Your boys are the sweetest dogs evah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Molly!!

    Carol - Phoenix's mom is on the right, Bogey's on the left. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pups are as sweet as their human mom, too!

    ReplyDelete